Thursday, May 31, 2012

Catching up

I can't believe it's been six weeks since I posted something.  Not just from the "omg-it's-been-so-long" perspective, but also from the "omg-so-much-has-happened-since-my-last-post" perspective.  We went back to the zoo, we went back to the Botanic Gardens, we went back to the dog beach, and I got to go home for four days, which was badly needed.  More on that later.

In the meantime, I've discovered Instagram!  I don't use it that much and I still haven't got the hang of how it works as a social thing, but it's great to be able to capture images and share them immediately, without having to go home, download the RAW file, edit the image, upload to Flickr or wherever, and post on the blog, or on photo-sharing websites, or on Facebook.  So I'm going to try to share some of my more recent captures here.  Tell me what you think.


All around our building, there are bird-of-paradise flowers and sooner or later you get to the point where you've seen one, you've seen them all.  This however, is a shadow of a BOP plant that's projected on the wall of our underground garage.  It was really striking to me, and I don't know if I've captured the essence of it or not, but there it is.


This one I call "Two of my favorite things" and the traffic outside the window isn't one of them!  Robert had just made me a Kahlua and cream, and he'd managed to float the cream on top of the Kahlua, and it was really pretty.  I set the glass down, and suddenly noticed the reflection of the Giants game in the window and thought, Gee, I wonder how this would look in a photo.  And here it is.


One more.  The dog beach from Pandora's perspective.  It's a very cool place, where all shapes and sizes of dogs can play together.  They all steal each other's toys, most of them go at least partway into the water and the only rules are mind your manners (for the dog) and pick up after your pet (for the humans).  I didn't get a photo of it, but the other day, I saw a 2-pound Chihuahua playing with a 50-pound boxer-type dog.  As I said, all shapes and sizes.

1 comment:

  1. Love all 3 of these instagram shots! They're all so creative, and work really well for me.

    ReplyDelete