Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Flower macro fun

I took the dog for a walk around the block the other day and I took my camera along for company.  No, I'm wrong.  I took the camera out for a walk and took the dog along for company.

Either way, I realized that I had not played with my macro lens recently and there is a lot of landscaping around the condo complexes in my neighborhood.  Mostly day lilies and hibiscus, which is okay because I find them both to be quite photogenic.





My favorite part of shooting with the macro lens is how close I can get to my subject.  My lens, a Tamron 90mm, has a reproduction ratio of 1:1, meaning that the image you are creating is the same size as your subject.  So I really am "this" close:



Of course, there are other types of flower in our neighborhood as well.  There's agapanthus:


and bird-of-paradise


and whatever this is


I think the hibiscus is my favorite, though.


1 comment:

  1. You're funny :) I really like the agapanthus shot- it almost looks like your "froze" it in action.

    ReplyDelete