Saturday, February 23, 2013

Girls' day out

The Exploratorium is a wonderful, interactive museum of science in San Francisco.  Up until recently, it was housed at the Palace of Fine Arts in the Marina district.  As of April, 2013, it will be living on a pier somewhere on the Embarcadero.  The PoFA was originally built for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition and is the only building still standing in its original location.  I wanted to go and see it and the Exploratorium one more time before the museum moved away, so I took my nieces and we had a girls' day out.





The Exploratorium has hundreds of exhibits that allow people of all ages to discover different and cool things about science and art.  For example:

Fun with magnets



Fun with sound




Fun with electricity


And finally, fun with ice cream



I had a fabulous day.  I hope they did too.

1 comment: