Monday, December 12, 2011

Holiday Lights, Part I

I made my first attempt at photographing holiday lights last night.  Some good, some not so much but overall I was pleased with how they came out.  I used a tripod, set my aperture at f/10 so I would get some twinkly lights, and used my remote shutter release to minimize camera movement.  The only post-production I did was to tweak the exposure (it's so hard to get the exposure right; you're always off by 5 seconds one way or the other!), and maybe adjust the contrast a little.  And crop out some stuff in a couple of cases, since I was using my 24-70mm lens, which didn't allow too much flexibility in composition.  So, here goes....





4 comments:

  1. Great job, and very cool neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That 4th one down is super-cool! They're all well done, but that one takes the cake with the stars and circles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to get in the Christmas spirit! I think I will steal your idea as we drive my son around to see lights on Christmas Eve eve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I love the last one.

    ReplyDelete