Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Old Town

I really like Old Town.  It's one of the first places we went to as tourists, and one of my favorite places to go for photowalks.  It's always different, and it has a lot of examples of things that I like to photograph.  Add to that the fact that I really enjoy Mexican culture, and it's a total win. We went for a very pleasant walk last weekend: beautiful, cool weather and very few tourists.
The front porch of the Hotel Cosmopolitan


Most of the historic part of Old Town is a state park, which includes a restored hacienda, and several buildings which used to be banks, post offices, sheriff's offices, etc, all of which now have historical exhibits set up in them.  It also has  a bazaar, Fiesta de Reyes, where you can get a burrito or a margarita, and all kinds of merchandise, from the really tacky gifts to quite nice housewares.



On weekends, there are displays of Mexican folkloric music and dancing.

And did I mention the flowers?



And lastly, just some of the details that caught my eye as we walked




Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment