Thursday, December 13, 2012

Got blahs?

So a friend of mine who lives somewhere back east just mentioned to me how much she hates winter.  I remember winter, although it's been about ten years since I lived anywhere where winter was an issue, let alone a problem.  I actually like winter, when I don't have to drive in it or dig my car out of snowdrifts and stuff like that.  I love the crisp air, and how bright and pretty everything looks after a snowfall, and I really do think that one has a greater appreciation for the coming of spring, when one has to go through the depths of winter.  However, that said, I thought I'd post some warm weather images for those back east who are feeling it right now.

Solana Beach, California

Me on the Scott Kelby Photowalk in October

Beach at Del Mar, California

and a bunch from two years ago in Mazatlan, seriously the best vacation I ever had.




3 comments:

  1. Oh, Karen. You are sweet, but darn you. :) These look like heaven right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't *think* I missed summer until I saw these! Wow! Alright, once Christmas is over, I'm ready for the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to bookmark this, so I can look through it with a pina colada in the middle of February.

    ReplyDelete