Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Our national pastime

Baseball?  It's just a game - as simple as a ball and a bat.  Yet, as complex as the American spirit it symbolizes.  It's a sport, business - and sometimes even religion.  ~Ernie Harwell, "The Game for All America," 1955
 
 
I love baseball.  More than any other game.  Specifically, I love the San Francisco Giants.  They're not doing all that well right now, but just like any relationship, you savor the good and work through the bad.  Now that I'm in San Diego, I can only see the Giants three or four times a year, depending on the schedule.  But I'm (almost) always there, camera in hand.  This is some of what I saw in April.
 
 
Tim Lincecum

Pablo Sandoval's pre-at bat routine

Angel Pagan and Sergio Romo

Barry Zito

Pablo Sandoval, working defensive magic

A devoted fan


Mirror image

This is the life!

Where is everyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment