Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Flower love

We were in Fort Bragg (Mendocino County) last weekend and one of the great things they have there is the Mendocino Coast Botanical Garden.  Their displays are beautiful and change seasonally.  




I loved finally being able to break out the macro lens and seeing what I could do with it.  My fingers literally itched to get my hands on it again and it felt really good.







Their main attraction this time of year is the dahlia garden.  So many different shapes, sizes, and colors!  For about ten minutes, we even considered getting married there because it's so amazing.







The last place we went was the homestead flower and vegetable garden, where I'd never been before even though I've been visiting the Gardens regularly for about fifteen years.



This way out, please.

3 comments:

  1. I love the texture of that white crinkly flower and the bright yellow against the pale green. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first shot is gorgeous! I love the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that daisy shot, just really neat. It almost looks like a tilt-shift shot because of all foreground blur.

    ReplyDelete