Monday, October 3, 2011

Movin' on up!

I am now the happy owner of not one, but two new lenses!!   Three weeks ago, on Labor Day weekend, I traded in my kit lens for a Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L lens.  It's a professional-quality lens, and hopefully just the first of several in my collection.  See that red ring around it?  That's your cue to oooh and aaah, because this is one awesome piece of glass!



This is what it can do




The color and sharpness are amazing.  I am seriously in love with this lens and I can't wait to get out and use it again.


My other new toy is a Tamron 18-270mm superzoom lens.  This one has unbelievable range, not to mention versatility.


I took these two photos from the same spot out at Alameda Point.



Amazing, huh?  What I love about this lens is that it's lightweight, has incredible range, and can be used in situations where I don't want to carry lots of different focal lengths.







I think I'm in love!!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new glass! I love the 24-70 (it was painful to send back after renting). Definitely worth the $$ over the Tamron equivalent. A couple of people brought the 18-270 on the photowalk and were raving about it. Love your comparison shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun - TWO lenses to play with! I love the black and white of the ??? concrete u-shaped things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Photo frenzy time with so much new glass! I like the comparison of both extremes of your zoom lens- I've never played with a lens with such a range. Fun! The colors on that car photo are so vibrant, I see why you're in love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, you've upgraded equipment, how fun! Great shots. I can see you're enjoying your new toys, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at YOU and your equipment!! Nice reach.

    ReplyDelete