Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Macro love

I absolutely love taking photos of flowers.  Any size, any shape, any color.  More than that, I love really zooming in on flowers to see the insides, which are often much more interesting than the outsides.  That's called "macro" photography, for the uninitiated, and I've been practicing for a good long time.  Five whole months!

There is a difference between macro photography and pseudo-macro photography.  With pseudo-macro photography, you take a close-up photo of a flower and then really crop it so that the detail is emphasized.  In "real" macro photography, you get in real close to the flower, and frame the shot so that no cropping is needed.  I like to do both.  I'm better at the pseudo-macro stuff right now than I am at the for-real stuff, but like they say, practice makes perfect.

An example of a pseudo-macro

This is the original
and this is the "macro"
And a true macro shot

No cropping on this one.
Cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment